Saturday, July 16, 2011

Album Review: Midnight Marauders

Midnight Marauders - A Tribe Called Quest

I just recently bought this album so maybe I'm still in the honeymoon period, but I knew songs like "Award Tour" and "Electric Relaxation" for a long time and I still think they have a very fresh and live sound to them. I really think this album will last for me, its already been 18 years since it was put out, and it sounds great in every category, from the writing to the production. The beats are funky, and the rhymes are playful, although it sounds darker to me than The Low End Theory, which has to be in my top ten albums to listen to. The interplay of jazzy samples, funky bass, and thumping boom bap drums makes the album just enjoyable to listen to, and the rhyming is absolutely top notch. The two songs I mentioned above are excellent and some other great ones are:





No comments:

Post a Comment