Saturday, July 23, 2011

Album Review: How I Got Over

How I Got Over - The Roots

This album is spectacular. It has a full live sound from an accomplished and talented band, of the most underrated MC's in the game (Black Thought), multiple appearances from John Legend, catchy choruses, and a high level of consistency and professionalism throughout the whole album. This isn't a thoughtless rampage of fat techno house beats with lyrics about getting money cars and women, its a spacious real musical sound with thoughtful sincere lyrics. I'm ready to call this the album of 2010. It can be playful, dark, soulful, but always always entertaining. I'm going to list my favorite songs, and its going to be the whole "A" side of the album. Turn the volume up, and play them through some big good box speakers. Buy the album, youtube cannot do it justice.



And that's only the A side.

No comments:

Post a Comment