Thursday, June 2, 2022

Song of the Day -- Olive Branch & Brown Dove -- Spirit Was




One of my favorite part about rainy days lately is that I've given myself license to have as many cups of caffeinated tea as I like before noon. There's such a satisfaction in holding a hot cup of earl gray tea and looking out at a cold, gray, overcast day, and just thinking "ha. got ya fucker." 

There's a similar satisfaction I find in listening to this song. To me, it feels triumphant, and bright, despite seeming to emerge from something enormously heavy. And when the main hook hits it gives me goosebumps--just like a good cup of tea.

Nick also seems like a nice guy. I saw him play with Strange Ranger in 2019. They played most perfect gold of the century together and it was probably a top 10 music moments in my life. In fact, I sent him an email about that and this song and he actually got back to me which was so sweet. Check out his stuff

Here is the song

No comments:

Post a Comment