Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Big Tuesday: 18


I'm Eighteen - Alice Cooper - Love it to Death

What a great song about being 18. The lyrics really capture the experience of the song (and of that time of life) which is why I've included them in this post. I find it somehow comforting that teenagers really haven't changed at all in the 40 years it's been since this was written.

Song: Here
Lyrics:

Lines form on my face and hands
Lines form from the ups and downs
I'm in the middle without any plans
I'm a boy and I'm a man

I'm eighteen
And I don't know what I want
I gotta get away
I gotta get out of this place
I'll go runnin in outer space

I got a
Baby's brain and an old man's heart
Took eighteen years to get this far
Don't always know what I'm talkin' about
Feels like I'm livin in the middle of doubt

I'm eighteen and I LIKE IT
Yes I like it
Oh I like it
Love it
Like it
Love it
Eighteen!
Eighteen!
Eighteen!
Eighteen and I LIKE IT


No comments:

Post a Comment